Hi everyone!!
Yes I know its almost June, and I have not posted anything since January! I'm sorry. But hopefully you all will come along this post, and realize that I do want to keep my blog going.
Anyway, not much has changed. I'm still volunteering for my Aunt's Second grade class. They are a lot of fun and all the kids pretty much love me. I've done a few lessons on my own, and some arts and crafts projects with them. It is a lot of fun. I was even able to go on a field trip the Natural History Museum with them. If your born and raised in California this is one the Museums that we all go to as children. I had not been since I was in 3rd or 4th grade, so it was a lot of fun seeing everything from "grown up" eyes.
As far as school goes, I've had a little set back. Apparently when CSUN told me that my application was good for a year, they really meant that it is only good for a year when the country/state is not in a recession. So now I have "missed" the dead line for Fall 2009. Awesome right? Heck man, I was so upset!! The only good thing is now that when I start Spring 2010 at least I'll be considered a resident!! In the meantime I plan to take some Deaf Education classes at the local Community College that will transfer over, and even at a cheaper price, so that is the good news in all the bad news.
I've recently started looking for work, so any and all prayers are welcome in that regard.
I also wanted to tell you that my cousin James is now a Marine!! hoo rah! He graduated from basic a few weeks ago and is now at the "school" part of what his job will be. Luckily he is in California at Camp Pendleton, so not too far away. For those of you who don't know James is the son of my Aunt Carolyn with whom I am living with.
Mr. Gabe is doing well. He loves having his own yard to play in and get into trouble. He loves to dig holes in random places. I think he is trying to get to the squirrels. He just learned that if you bite a frog they will pee in your mouth and make it foam. It was quite funny although Gabe still insisted on trying to play with the poor frog. Luckily the frog got away, but until they meet again. Yes maybe you are thinking squirrel? frog? oh yes I live in the desert country area. I have big pine trees and palm trees right next to each other. I'm trying my best to get used the country, my cousin Crystal and Aunt just laugh at me!
Anyway I guess that is all I really have to add. I hope you are all doing marvelous.
Beckie
xoxo
May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Now update your blog since some of us live far away and need to follow your beautiful life through it ; D
Post a Comment